Friday, November 28, 2008

Brainstorming startups

Last weekend I was in Pittsburgh and missed a high-energy session on Sunday where six budding CEOs from my Leadership Program came together to brainstorm new startups. Thanks to Parker Treacy, Founder of First Financial, for taking the lead on this idea. I'm looking forward to the next session. Bring bright young people together in a partially structured setting from a diverse set of backgrounds and have them start to come up with ideas for companies. What could be more interesting?

I'm still wrestling with some basics. If someone came up with the next eBay, and idea got developed in the room, who owns it ? How to get people to bring their best ideas ? There may be another session this Sunday and I'm looking forward to itClick here for a writeup on our blog about the exercise.

No comments: